Challenger Support Mar 04 •
Troubleshooting / Downtime Notices
Here are the known technical issues:
- Content is unable to scroll vertically on iPad. This is a known issue that affects the Safari and Chrome browsers on iPad/iPhone and Chrome and Firefox browsers on Android devices. The Puffin Web Browser for mobile devices does work with the Challenger Online Portal and does not exhibit the vertical scrolling issue. It can be downloaded from your device's app store. For more information go to www.puffinbrowser.com.
- Not Accessed being displayed in table of contents instead of dates and times. This is a known issue. Your data is safe and your work doesn't need to be done over. Our vendor is working on the resolution. We expect this to be resolved soon.
- Slow loading content. The content can take longer than a few seconds to launch and display the content. The load times vary. Engineering is monitoring the system. Load times can be imnproved in some cases by clearing the browser cache
- Question text extends beyond the right side of the window. This is a known issue and has a workaround. Click on the box icon in the upper right corner of the window to expand the window to full screen mode. This works best for screen resolutions of 1280x1024 and higher.
- Remediation text box under question not showing when Study Guide is on. In some questions, no remediation is available. A check mark will however appear next to the correct answer.
- Remediation text box is showing under a question but it looks empty. This is similar to the issue above. The question has no remediation available, but a hidden character may exist. For these instances, the hidden character is removed and the empty box disappears. The fix for this is in progress.
- Remediation box and/or correct/incorrect answer indicator doesn't display when Check button is clicked. Not a bug. This can be resolved by clearing the browser cache.
- Remediation text boxes under questions do not appear when Study Guide button is clicked. Not a bug. this can be resolved by clearing the browser cache.
- The remediation box that opens when clicking the Check button focuses on last paragraph of text instead of the first. This behavior is most noticeable when the box contains more text than can be displayed without scrolling. The issue appears to be related to hyperlinks in the text. If hyperlinks exist in the text of the remediation, the focus will be on the paragraph containg the hyperlink when the remediation box opens.
- I search for text that I know is in the Q&A window but the text is not found. The text may be hidden in the remediation text. Click the Study Guide button at the bottom of the window to display the remediation text before clicking the Find on Page button.
Some technical resolutions may require a restart of certain systems for them to take effect. Should this need to occur, there may be a brief interruption of service (a few minutes) as systems restart.
If you have any questions with regard to these or any other technical issues, please contact Challenger Technical Support by phone at 888-242-5536 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. See all contacts on our Support Forum Home Page.
This upgrade is the first of two major upgrades to Challenger's online medical education platform scheduled for 2013. These major upgrades will include system performance enhancements and new features.
Your friends at Challenger
Challenger Support November 21, 2011 •
Community Resources / Contacts and General Information