When preparing to make assignments, it is helpful to consider why you are using Med-Challenger and the overall goal of the assignments. This will contribute to some of the decisions that need to be made as you start using the various options in the Assignment Manager. Here are some things to consider:
- Are you concerned about students achieving high passing scores or is there more concern about exposure to the subject matter?
- Do you desire Scored Assessments to be available upon demand or limited to access only during the assignment start and end period?
- Do you want students to have access to the questions, answers and explanations prior to taking an assigned assessment or do you want to see how they fare on their own first?
- Do you want to limit when the assignees may take the exams, the amount of time or number of attempts they have? Be aware that students may be locked out of an assessment in progress when using time limits. You may wish to let them know that timed assessments may not be stopped or paused once started. If they are still working when the time is up, the assessment will be scored and they will not be able to re-access that particular exam.
- What kind of notifications would you like to have sent out, who should receive them and when?
- What kind of notifications do you wish to receive and would you like others to also receive the same notifications?
The Assignment Wizard provides assignment-makers the flexibility to choose various options best suited to meet the needs of your program and its goals. Options chosen can be set as the default for a time-saving step while maintaining the ability to be changed on individual assignments as desired.
If you have additional questions or continue to experience difficulties, please submit our support form or contact us by phone at 1-800-676-0822, Option 2. We offer free, live, US-based support Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm CT.